If you read my last post, you're aware I was ready to quit writing for good and shut my blog and my Twitter account down due to a number of what I considered valid reasons. This was supposed to happen today.
Well, you're reading this now, so I guess you've figured it out: I changed my mind.
Some of you may be thinking that this was a "stunt", a ploy to get more attention, or to potentially gain more readers. Let me assure you that this was not the case. I had every intention of closing shop; I'm not one to make threats. That's not my style. I was completely ready to disappear into oblivion, to become merely a blip on the social media radar. No one reads this blog anyway, right?
Apparently, I was wrong.
The comments and feedback on that last post were amazing. Fellow writers, people who said they stumbled across my post, and people I consider to be friends all stopped by. Their words were inspirational, kind, and let me know that people might give a crap if I went through with my original plans. Some encouraged me to keep writing, and to never silence myself. Others suggested different web sites and exercises to try to help boost my creativity if the juices decided not to flow so freely. Still others told me how much they would miss me if I were to leave. I was stunned. I was moved. And I appreciate and am grateful for each comment that people took the time to type. Thank you. Your words were powerful, and they meant so much to me...more that you could possibly know.
As far as Twitter goes, the connections I have made there are amazing. The knowledge I have gained through my interactions with fellow writers and authors is invaluable. And the unexpected friendships I have made there are priceless. How could I leave you folks? You know who you are; you confide in me, you laugh with me, and you're there for me. How could I let that go? There are some incredible people in the Twitterverse, and even though I've been tweeting for less than a year, I feel as though some of these friendships could last a lifetime. I would miss the beautiful souls I have been fortunate enough to connect with. I couldn't simply abandon you.
So, I guess this means I'm sticking around. I might not have the time or be able to write constantly, but when I do, I'll update you about it here. For now, you will be subjected to my periodic random thoughts about life, music, and odd situations that might happen in my world. Oh, and randomness. There will be lots of that. I, in fact, have an upcoming post that has to do with ninjas. Is it strange? Sure, consider the source! Is it fun? I have been informed that it does amuse. Is it "immature"? Absolutely. That's what makes it, and me, sort of awesome. I'm not stuffy, snobby, or sophisticated...and I love it. If that's a problem for you, please stop reading this blog and/or unfollow me on Twitter, because you're probably no fun.
Most importantly, I won't be silenced by anything or anyone. I have stories to tell, stories that are bursting at the seams to be unleashed from my frazzled brain. When my muse returns, I will smack that bitch up and we will make it happen. I have a lot to say, and you'll hear my voice...because I'm going to sing as loud as I can.
21 comments:
I missed your prior post too, and am feeling like a bad Twitter bff. :(
Anywho, I'm glad you've changed your mind, amiga!
Lisa--I just took down a long and rambling comment to this wonderful blog post. Sometimes I hit "submit" to soon. Bottom line is--I am so very glad you're sticking around! :-)
Michele: Thanks! I have a tendency to prematurely hit the button too; it's not just you. :) I'm glad I'm sticking around, too. You folks are fun!
Violet: Hey, don't feel bad about missing the post. No biggie. I'm not mad, promise! ;) Hey, if I left, how could I keep up on your Sons of Anarchy commentary?
Amelia: You know you and a few others really helped talk me down from that ledge, right? Thank you for that. I owe you!
Glad to hear that more post will be coming!
Jane: Thank you! Glad to still be around. Besides, if I left I wouldn't get my daily dose of your cool facts and amusement. I'd miss you! :)
Good choice ;)
Thrilled to hear it, Lisa! I look forward to promoting all of your wonderful writings, especially the random ones involving ninjas. ;)
Yay for sticking around!!! Seriously though, sometimes the Internet is tough. (Like 85% of the time.) And some people are not nice, but you should never NEVER let them win. You deserve to be heard because you are awesome. :-)
Woohoo! RAWR loud kitty!
Rainy: Thank you! I thought so too after I considered the options. It took people like you to bring me back!
Raine: I appreciate the promotion of my posts! Yeah, the random ones seem to be the most interesting, at least, that's how it's supposed to be...we'll see! :)
Jen: Howdy! I agree, sometimes the net can be a bit more fickle than I would like. Cool people like yourself remind me that not everyone sucks. Thank you for being awesome! :)
Kelly: It's all about the RAWR!! :D
So glad to hear you changed your mind :-)
YAY! So glad you are going to keep on keeping on! Oh, and I'm sorry I accused you of being drunk. ;P
We all have our doubts, I'm so glad to hear that you refuse to give into yours! You got this!
I'm glad you're still singing! As long as there are songs in your heart, you've gotta sing to the music in your head. Or something profound like that.
I am happy that you will stick around. Perfect timing. I am also sticking around. I was also wanting to give up whatever I am doing and wait for old age but I guess I will also continue writing not just for me but for everyone who needed some inspiration or some fresh awakening or something.
I guess it is a coincidence we both felt like giving up must be the end of the year blues or something.
Anyways, I am so happy we both continue this journey of writing
Ciara: Thanks! I'm happy I did, too. Plus, I could let the Kitties down...you folks are amazing! :)
DC: Hahaha!! No problem. Hey, I'm drinking now... ;)
Karen: Self-doubt is a plague, and it has been a plague on my psyche for way too long. It's something I need to learn to handle a bit differently.
Erica: That WAS profound! :) Sometimes the songs in my heart get lost in translation by the time they reach my head, though. Need to work on that!
Ann: I'm glad you're staying around! You're so talented...you're poetry is amazing and sometimes downright funny! :) Yeah, don't give up and wait for old age. I think you're around my age, and if that's the case -- we have too long of a ways to go to just sit and wait for everything to pass us by.
It is a little odd that we both had the idea of quitting at the same time. However, we also figured out that it was better to keep pursuing what we love to do. As they say, great minds think alike! :D
Yay...haha, I just commented on the last post...thinking it WAS the last post!!
Glad you're hanging in there with us all.
And please, tell me about these kitties you are all speaking about!! Kitties that rawr? I'm interested!
xoxo
Sharon :)
hugs always.
Yay!!! Delighted to hear this, Lisa! I've been off Twitter for about a week, and the first thing I checked upon coming back was, "Lisa hasn't left, has she?" :-)
Catching up on my reading... this is the highlight of my day. I love your randomness - it keeps the world going around. Glad to see you doing your thing... YOUR way. : )
Sharon: I'll have to introduce you...have you heard of Triberr?
Roma: Nope...I decided to stay. Thank you for thinking of me; people like you are the reason I couldn't leave! :)
freelulu: Randomness is my thing; and hey, if I don't produce random thoughts and posts, who will? ;) Glad I could help make your day a little brighter!
Post a Comment